Multimedia Orchestration is an interactive reference containing in-depth video demonstrations to teach the student composer, orchestrator, and arranger how to write more effectively and idiomatically for the acoustic instruments. These videos feature professional instrumentalists in multiple video clips along with accompanying text and graphics. This self-contained reference on the orchestral instruments allows students and instructors to have perpetual access to these demonstrations via the internet on their desktop computers, tablets, and/or smartphones via online subscription.
NOTE: The program assumes subscribing students have a working knowledge of music theory.
Contents of program:
Currently available: The String Family:
- Violin, 66 video demonstrations
- Viola, 45 video demonstrations
- Cello, 42 video demonstrations
- Double-bass, 30 video demonstrations
The videos and text cover basic techniques, articulations, numerous repertoire examples, and special effects (harmonics, etc). Repertoire examples include excerpts from Bach, Beethoven, Elgar, Mahler, Mozart, Prokofiev, Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky, Wagner, and other renowned composers.
The Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion Instruments.
For instructors, Multimedia Orchestration Online:
- The reference can be used in conjunction with orchestration and/or composition courses, and any curriculum designed for teaching the in-depth workings of the instruments of the orchestra.
- It can be used outside the classroom, where subscribed students have perpetual access to demonstrations via the online program, enabling faster and more enriched learning about the instruments.
- Instructors are welcome to contact Tristan Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org for special discount rates for their class / institutions.
- Subscriptions are available for 6 months, 1 year, or 3 years for each family of instruments. Users can keep track of their subscriptions via the account on the website.